Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Technology problem fixed!

Dear Readers,

For those of you who are wondering why your many questions have gone unanswered this week rest assured that it wasn't because I didn't WANT to answer your interesting questions. I did! I did! I can only blame Bill Gates and Co (yes, he probably wrote the code) whose Windows XP decided to choke and refuse to boot while I was at the SEI's annual conference (SEPG 2007) in Austin. So here I am, with no CDs, no disks, and I'm out of town. And it was a Sunday - so there were few options for repair.

After enduring the "Technowledgists" at CompUSA for six hours I finally took it back, removed the drive, backed it up, and then replaced the operating system. Because I have been practicing good Configuration Management lately I was able to get 99% of it back (everything but Windows hidden files) but it took awhile. If I had been at my office it would have taken an hour - but I had to literally graze for hardware.

In any case, I'm back online and I'm going to try to swear off Microsoft for awhile so I have Firefox, Thunderbird, and Sunbird installed from Mozilla. We'll see how long I can hold out :)

www.broadswordsolutions.com

1 comment:

Ahmed Hammad said...

Congratulation for trying Mozilla software. I have experience in using FireFox, Thunderbird, and open source software in general. If you need any assistance I will be glade to help. Remember, you helped me before.